Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scholar's WWT Pick-ups for Week 8

Sam Bradford - QB Rams - Ok I admit the likelihood of Bradford being available in your league is small. I try each and every week to name at least one player from each position that has a very high likelihood of being available on waivers in your league. I own Bradford in 2 leagues and thankfully I've had a starter I could rely on. Some owners may not have the patience and may have been forced to drop him due to injury or bye week issues. With the addition of Brandon Lloyd and the immenent return of Mark Clayton, I see Bradford as great waiver addition or buy-low candidate if he is already owned in your league. When he comes back from this ankle, I won't be surprised to see his numbers tick up and start to look like last year. If Orton can have decent fantasy value in a Josh McDaniels offense throwing to Lloyd, I'm excited to see what Bradford can do. If he isn't owned in your league he takes priority over T.O. making him YOUR P.O.W. I couldn't make him the official P.O.W. but I love his upside when he returns.

Roy Helu - RB Redskins - Certainly one of the most impactful fantasy stories of the weekend was the season ending injury to Tim Hightower. He had surrendered some work to Ryan Torain in the previous weeks so most people may assume he is the best Washington RB to own going forward. I disagree. Torain has talent but the dude can't stay upright. It's a matter of time before he's on the injury report or in street clothes on the sideline. Which will turn Roy Helu from fantasy dud to fantasy stud in a matter of weeks. I anticiapte the Skins will add a body or two for depth but not a name that will threaten the looks that Torain and Helu will see. And when Torain gets nicked up, Helu will be there for you to plug in to your lineup making Roy Helu my P.O.W. (Pickup Of the Week) for week 8. Normally I put a pic up of my POW but I couldn't resist the allure that is the T.O. show.

Terrell Owens - WR Free Agent - Git yer popcorn ready!!!! The TO show will be playing at a theatre near you. Father time has had trouble catching up with Mr. Owens... it's not fair... he doesn't have any teammates... he doesn't have any quaterback! But he will soon. Rumors abound today, but depending on his landing spot he could be the missing link in your roster. Forget last year, you saw what Carson Palmer looked like on Sunday, Palmer was the problem last year not T.O. Add Terrell Owens and hope he signs with a team that not only is pass happy but will be trailing early and often.

Visanthe Shiancoe - TE Vikings - Christian Ponder looks legit in his first NFL start. Granted it isn't the toughest secondary to face but I think the score would have been way more lopsided if McNabb was under center. McNabb is done as a starter in this league. I can think of a couple of teams where he may be an upgrade but even that is a stretch. Which means that ALL the Vikings offensive players get an upgrade. Rook's usually look to the underneath routes when the pressure is on and that mean Shiancoe could be a top 10 TE from this point on. If you drafted a stud TE and they have let you down, or your starter was bit by the injury bug, Visanthe Shiancoe is your man. He seems to be a streaky player and I feel a hot-streak coming on for him.

POW by week (no reason for waivers suggestions for Week 1 as you just drafted your team)
W2 - Nick Novack
W3 - Antonio Brown
W4 - Stevan Ridley
W5 - Tim Tebow
W6 - Greg Little
W7 - (Scholar had a bye week - he was away on his honeymoon)
W8 - Roy Helu

No comments:

Post a Comment