Thursday, September 29, 2011

Twitter Beef in Philly



Philadelphia sports radio personality and WCAU-TV contributor Howard Eskin reported that two Philadelphia Eagle reporters came to blows over a Twitter Beef! Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer called Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News an "old hack that hasn't broken a story in years."

Below is a look at the Twitter BEEF:

"@LesBowen: Oh, and BTW, nobody has any idea on Tuesday whether Michael Vick is starting this week. It was Obvious Monday Andy thinks/hopes he will."

"@Jeff_McLane: @LesBowen Right. I made it up. How about if Vick starts Sunday you have to say on Daily News Live, "I'm an old hack that hasn't broken a story in years, needs my editor to keep my blog fresh, and missed Vick on Monday because I was cluelessly tapping away on my computer and had to steal quotes from hard-working reporters who have a clue." If Vick doesn't start I'll eat my pencil. Sound good?

"@LesBowen: @MoorestownCup I will handle my business in person, not thru yapping on Twitter. But thanks for your concern."
Bowen at least had the balls to back up his talk and allegedly threw a haymaker to McLane’s head that connected!!! No word on if Bowen trains at Rocky Balboa's gym.

Here is the BEST part, during Michael Vick's media session Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel tried to schedule a rematch of the fight in the locker room or at practice. During Samuel's interview his teammates were shouting in the background to try to get the fight started.

Maybe Andy Reid staged the whole thing to divert attention away from the Eagles and how much they suck?

Bowen has covered the Eagles for the Daily News since 2002 and McLane started covering the Eagles for The Inquirer in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it. The article said this was about writers in Philly? Why are there writers in Philly wheen nobody there even knows how to read?? Not shocked, but I guess everyone in Filth-a-delphia wants to try and act tough, huh? Idiots. That city has little d!ck syndrome from being in the shadow of NY. Classless fans rooting for a sh!tty team that had never, and will never win a Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete