Monday, September 12, 2011

Terry Bradshaw crushes Cam Newton


Terry Bradshaw has once again shown his inability to realize that the NFL has evolved since he retired 56 years ago.

"I'm not a Newton fan," said Bradshaw.

"Not at all?" asked host Kurt Menefee.

"No, not at all. I didn't like him in college. Technically, as a quarterback, as far as I'm concerned, he was behind Michael Vick coming out of college," said Bradshaw.

Bradshaw then got up and put on his Polk High Jersey.

He went on to say, "Just because you need a quarterback doesn't mean you go out and draft one. I actually like Jake Locker down in Tennessee, Christian Ponder in Minnesota and Blaine Gabbert down in Jacksonville. These young kids, as far as I'm concerned, are far ahead of Newton as far as being an NFL quarterback."

"You like all the quarterbacks that were taken after him, better than him?" asked Menefee.

"Exactly. Absolutely. I do, personally, yeah," answered Bradshaw.

Newton went on to throw for 422 yards and had 3 total touchdowns in his debut. Pedestrian numbers to a man that once ran for 4 touchdowns in a single high school game.

No comments:

Post a Comment